List of famous drug smugglers
Learn more about List of famous drug smugglers
This is a list of drug smugglers.
Drug dealers, opium traders, opium smugglers, drug runners and the like have grown rich, sometimes creating family dynasties, in the illicit trade of transporting drugs against the laws of 19th century China, 20th century Europe and the United States. They have often been located in trading port cities like Providence, Boston, Port Royal, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Canton, Medellín, and Panama City.
Some of the most famous drug dealers and drug financiers include:
- Schapelle Corby, Australian sentenced to 20 years imprisonment in Indonesia in 2005.
- Edwin Adams Cotto, who died during riot in Dominican Republic, convicted along Laura Hernandez and others of drug smuggling.
- Rayful Edmond
- Pablo Escobar
- Tony Felloni and family, Dublin
- Thomas Blake Glover of Jardine Matheson
- Antônio Mota Graça
- Howqua of China
- William Jardine of Jardine Matheson
- George Jung
- Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr.- Prohibition era alcohol smuggler.
- Khun Sa
- Carlos Lehder
- Anthony Loria Sr. Long Island, New York
- Howard Marks
- James Matheson of Jardine Matheson
- Bradley John Murdoch, was smuggling cannabis when Peter Falconio disappeared. Later convicted for the murder.
- Manuel Noriega
- Brian O'Dea
- Vincent Papa New York
- Salvatore Riina
- Gilberto Rodríguez Orejuela
- Ralph Maling (Southeastern MA)  
- Andrew C. Thornton III, formed "The Company" in Kentucky
- Bali Nine
- Cabot family of China and Boston
- John Murray Forbes and Forbes family cousins of China and Boston
- Katz family of Israel
- Medellín Cartel
- Ochoa brothers
- Perkins family of China and Boston
- Russell and Company, whose owner Samuel Russell endowed [[Skull and Bones]
- The Ravine Park Village(Toledo,Ohio)