Learn more about WLOX
| Biloxi / Gulfport / Pascagoula, Mississippi
<tr><th style="vertical-align: top; text-align: right;">Branding</th><td style="text-align: left;">WLOX News 13</td></tr><tr><th style="vertical-align: top; text-align: right;">Slogan</th><td style="text-align: left;">Building South Mississippi Together</td></tr>
|Channels|| 13 (VHF) analog,|
39 (UHF) digital
|Founded|| October 22, 1962
<tr><th style="vertical-align: top; text-align: right;">Call letters meaning</th><td style="text-align: left;">W BiLOXi, Mississippi</td></tr> <tr><th style="vertical-align: top; text-align: right;">Website</th><td style="text-align: left;">www.wlox.com/</td></tr>
Raycom Media is the current owner of WLOX.
Among former WLOX employees is Chuck Scarborough, anchorman for New York's WNBC, and ABC's "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts. Scarborough is a Coast native and Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi.
Roberts' sister, Sally-Ann, remains close to the area, working at WWL-TV in New Orleans.
WLOX remained on the air during Hurricane Katrina, even though the studios were heavily damaged in the storm, and continued to broadcast non-stop for more than 12 days afterward. WLOX created an award winning 2 disc DVD set about the storm entitled "Katrina: South Mississippi's Story".
 Current Staff
- Leon Long - Vice President and General Manager
- David Vincent - News Director
- Linda Sherman - Sales Director
- Tim Beisel - Creative Services Director
- Todd Durbin - Marketing Director
- Roger Garrett- Operations Director
- John Armstrong- Chief Engineer
- Darlene Duffano- Programming Director
- Karen Abernathy - "The 4 O'Clock Show" and 5 pm
- David Elliott - "The 4 O'Clock Show," 5 pm, "This Week" and "Sunday Night."
- A.J. Giardina - Action Reporter/Sports Director
- Jeff Lawson - weekday evenings
- Toni Miles - weekends 5:30 pm
- Rebecca Powers - weekday evenings
- Karla Redditte - weekends
- Doug Walker - "This Week"
- Rhonda Weidner - weekday mornings and noon
- Carrie Duncan
- Rob Knight
- Mike Reader
- Tommy Richards
- Trang Pham-Bui- Education
- Patrice Clark - Jackson County
- Don Culpepper
- Marcia Hill
- Brad Kessie
- Steve Phillips - Investigative reporter
- Keli Rabon - Jackson County
- Jeff Shepard - Sports
- Al Showers - Hancock County
- Tommy Adams
- Travis Alford
- Robert Allen
- Rodney Billingsley - Sports
- Pat Gibson
- Greg McNease
- Jonathan Sobolewski
- Paige Bennett - 6 pm
- Preston Benson - 5 pm, Weekends
- Natalie Campen - Executive Producer
- Meagan Grey - "The 4 O'Clock Show"
- Karen Monroe - 10 pm
- Alicia Nicely - weekday mornings and noon
- Rayanne Weiss - Special Projects
- Good Morning Mississippi (5:30-7:00AM)
- WLOX Midday News (11:00-11:30AM)
- The 4 O'Clock Show (4-4:30PM)
- WLOX News at 5 (5:00-5:30PM)
- WLOX News at 6 (6:00-6:30PM)
- WLOX News at 10 (10:00-10:35PM)
- WLOX News at 5:30 (5:30-6:00PM)
- WLOX News at 10 (10:00-10:30PM)
- Sunday Night - (10:30-11:00 PM)
 External links
Corporate Staff: Paul McTear (President & CEO) | Wayne Daugherty | Marty Edelman | Leon Long | Jeff Rosser | Anne Adkins | Clyde Baucom | Rebecca Bryan | David Folsom | Mary Carloe McDonnell | Billy McDowell | Susana Schuler | Melissa Thurber
1Raycom Media operates these stations owned by Southeastern Media Holdings.
2Acquisition by LIN TV is now awaiting FCC approval.
3Scheduled to begin broadcasting late 2006 or early 2007.
Annual Revenue: Unknown at this time. | Employees: 4,200 | Stock Symbol: None, privately held. | Website: www.raycommedia.com